How to Do Butterfly Crunch
The butterfly crunch should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the butterfly crunch.
Beginning Butterfly Crunches
1. Maintain a firm core and steadily rise off the floor, curling your body vertebrae by vertebrae (this helps to keep the ribcage down and the abs active instead of the hip flexors).
2. Continue crunching up until you're seated, then reach forward with both hands to touch your toes.
Butterfly Crunches Movement
1. Lie on your back and raise both legs off the mat, lifting your shoulders off the mat.
2. By crunching to one side, bring one knee and the opposing elbow close to each other, and completely extend the other leg.
3. Crunch to the opposite side after returning to the starting position.
4. Rep until the set is finished.
Butterfly Crunches Benefits
To get a flat stomach and contoured abs, it works all four layers of the abdominal muscles. As you complete the double crunch, lift your feet toward your hands to ensure that the lower section of your abs is engaged to fight the pooch.