How to Do Archer Push Up
The archer push up should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the archer push up.
Beginning Archer Push Up
1. Start on all fours, with your knees and toes flexed and in contact with the ground.
2. Hips should be higher than knees.
3. Your hands should be wider than your shoulders.
4. Outwardly rotate your hands so that your fingers point away from your body and a straight line runs from your shoulders to your hands.
Archer Push Up Movement
1. Push your body away to the right with your left hand, until your left arm is straight and your right arm is bent, elbow tucked into your side.
2. At all times, keep your chest close to the ground.
3. Only move your torso side to side, not up and down.
4. Allowing your hips to rise is not a good idea.
Archer Push Up Benefits
Push-ups like the archer push-up help you gain upper-body strength so you can master more difficult push-up varieties like the single-arm push-up.