How to Do Push Up and Rotation Stretch
If you don't have the strength to successfully perform this exercise, start on knees.
Beginning Push Up and Rotation Stretch
Lay stomach down with weight supported by hands and feet.
Push Up and Rotation Stretch Movement
1. Align thumbs under shoulders. Feet position can be varied, but most individuals prefer shoulder width. Squeeze thighs and glutes.
2. Brace stomach and keep chin tucked into neck for proper cervical alignment. Point elbows back to a 45 degree angle and lower body.
3. Stop where you feel comfortable and reverse. This will vary from person to person based on their range of motion.
4. As you push away from the floor, focus on gripping the ground while keeping hips, shoulders and neck in one straight line. Rotate and stretch at top.
5. Don't allow hips to sag or back to round during exercise.
Push Up and Rotation Stretch Benefits
This exercise promotes complete muscular activation that demands the body to find it's balance and stabilization from head to toe.