How to Do
How to do Push Up Scorpions
The scorpion push-up should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the scorpion push-up.
Beginning Push Up Scorpions
1. To begin, get down on the floor and establish a high plank position, the standard push-up position.
2. The width of your hands should be somewhat more than the width of your shoulders. They'd be directly under your shoulder line, and at around shoulder level. The tips of your fingers should be facing forward.
3. From your head to your heels, make sure your body is in a straight line. Your head and neck should be in a neutral position, which means you should keep your head in a natural position and avoid looking forward. Also, do not allow your hips to rise or sink.
4. Your feet should be approximately hip-width apart.
Push Up Scorpion Movement
1. Begin by coming into a push-up position with your hands flat on the ground and your legs straight behind you. Your toes will be on the ground.
2. Complete a push up by bending with your elbows and bringing your body down slowly so that your arms form 90-degree angles.
3. Pause at the bottom for a brief second before pressing yourself back up to the starting position.
4. Before you continue with your next push up, bring your left heel towards your right shoulder by bending your left leg behind your right leg.
5. Complete your push-up in this position then come back to the top. Alternate legs for repetitions so that the next repetition will have your right heel going behind your left leg.
Push Up Scorpion Benefits
The single-leg inchworm scorpion push-up has all of the benefits of a regular pushup, plus it also works your hamstrings and core. It's essentially a standard pushup with an inchworm in the middle, and the kick movement at the top of each rep will help you improve your balance.
Scorpion Pushups, Scorpion Push-up, How to Do a Push Up, Exercise Push Up Variations.