How to Do Staggered Push Up
You should have strong trunk muscles before performing this exercise.
Solid Lumbo Pelvic Hip Complex stability.
You should already be efficient at performing a regular pushup.
Beginning Staggered Push Up
Don't forget to do an appropriate warm-up before starting this exercise.
Staggered Push Up Movement
1. Begin by coming into a push up position with your hands flat on the ground and your legs straight in the back of you. Your toes will be on the ground.
2. Before you begin a push up, bring one arm farther in front of where the other arm is.
3. Complete a push up by bending with your elbows and bringing your body down slowly so that your arms form 90 degree angles.
4. Pause at the bottom for a brief second before pressing yourself back up to the starting position.
5. You are now going to alternate with the other arm so that it is farther in front of the opposite. Repeat the push ups for repetitions while continuously switching which arm moves forward.
Staggered Push Up Benefits
Increases shoulder strength and stability.
Adds the benefit of building muscles throughout several muscle groups.
How to Do a Push Up, Staggered Push Up, Push Up Variations for Chest.