How to Do Speed Ladder Slalom Rotation
The speed ladder slalom rotation should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the speed ladder slalom rotation.
Beginning Speed Ladder
1. Place your right foot in the first square of the ladder and shift your weight to the left foot. Shift your weight onto that (right) foot after putting your toes down.
2. Place your left foot in the same (initial) square of the ladder as your right foot. Start with putting your toes down, then move your weight to that (left) foot.
Speed Ladder Movement
1. With your right foot, step into the first square, rapidly place the foot down, and shift your weight onto that foot.
2. With your left foot, step into the second square. Place your foot down quickly and shift your weight to that foot.
3. Step into the third square of the agility ladder and repeat the maneuver from #1.
4. Step into the fourth square of the agility ladder and repeat movement #2.
5. Continue the series by climbing the agility ladder until you reach the top.
Speed Ladder Benefits
Agility ladder drills are frequently used as part of various types of fitness training, such as SARQ and HIFT. Each style of training has its own set of advantages.