How to Do Speed Ladder Ali Shuffle
The speed ladder Ali shuffle should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the speed ladder Ali shuffle.
Beginning Speed Ladder Drills Ali Shuffle
1. When you move your right leg forward, your left leg moves backward.
2. With your left leg, jump into the same square. Before moving on to the next square, your right leg should slide backward out of the square. Down the agility ladder, repeat the foot pattern.
Speed Ladder Drills Ali Shuffle Movement
1. Start with one foot in the ladder and one foot out, perpendicular to the length of the ladder.
2. Hop-switch your feet so that the foot on the ladder exits and the foot outside enters.
3. You'll advance up a ladder rung when you complete this hop-switch, so the foot that came in is one square higher up. Reverse the hop-switch, and then replace the foot in the ladder with the one outside.
4. Reverse the hop-switch and move up another rung, and so on.
5. When you hop-switch, don't only use your feet; use your hips as well. Reverse and work your way back down the ladder when you reach the top for an added challenge.
Speed Ladder Drills Ali Shuffle Benefits
If you can master the footwork, this workout will help you improve your ability to accelerate, decelerate, and change direction fast while staying balanced.