How to Do Speed Ladder Side Shuffle
The speed ladder side shuffle should begin with a good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the speed ladder side shuffle.
Beginning Speed Ladder Drills
1. Maintain good posture throughout the exercise, good stability through the abdomen, and neutral spine angles.
2. Begin with a thorough dynamic warm up before starting this exercise; this engages the nervous system.
Speed Ladder Drills Movement
1. Start at the end of the ladder with the body facing to the side (as shown).
2. The idea is to move through the ladder as fast as you can sideways.
3. Begin by placing the lead leg into the first rung of the ladder, followed quickly by the trail leg.
4. Once the trail leg is into the first rung, continue sideways by placing the lead leg into the second rung, followed quickly by the trail leg.
5. The pattern should be in - in - out - out.
6. Complete the ladder and switch sides.
7. Watch and correct for side to side instability, poor deceleration, and improper mechanics.
Speed Ladder Drills Benefits
This exercise has numerous advantages and has been demonstrated to improve the following:
Movement in multiple directions.
Quickness and speed.