How to Do Speed Ladder Ankle Flips
The speed ladder ankle flips should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the speed ladder ankle flips.
Beginning Speed Ladder Drills
Begin with a thorough dynamic warm up before starting this exercise; this engages the nervous system.
Speed Ladder Drills Movement
1. Begin this speed ladder drill by facing the length of the ladder.
2. Take a step into the first rung of the speed ladder with lead leg, and quickly follow this by bringing in the trail leg to the first rung.
3. Place the lead leg outside the first rung, and then the trail leg.
4. Bring the lead leg into second rung, followed by the trial leg so that your pattern is “in,” “in,” “ out,” “out.”
5. Repeat though the entire ladder.
Speed Ladder Drills Benefits
They strengthen your joints, ligaments, and tendons while also improving three major fitness factors: speed, agility, and quickness.